PageSpeed Insight by Google is an open source tool that will help you to improve your website speed performance as well as it will help you to improve website user experience.
Both the webmasters and web developer’s use this authentic tool to analyze and optimize their website. Since it is a free tool, you are not required to buy or be a customer of Google to use it.
What is PageSpeed Insight?
PageSpeed will focus on analyzing a website speed performance as well as it will provide important recommendations about the optimization work.
To use this tool you will need to provide a URL of a website and afterwards, you will get a detailed analysis result of the website. Additionally, the analysis will be conducted through the Google’s web performance tools such as the browser extensions, APIs for Insights, and the optimization libraries.
Also you can just add pagespeed tool as a browser extension and it supports both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. To use this tool, you have to enter the URLs of the website and afterwards, it will provide you a detail report of your website performance.
What can you do with PageSpeed Insight?
You can do the following work with PageSpeed Insight:
- You can analyze your website speed performances.
- You can get website optimization advices for better speed performance.
What is the PageSpeed Insight Scoring range?
- Scoring ranges from 0 to 100 points. Here, ‘0’ is the lowest and ‘100’ is the highest score.
- A score of 85 and greater than 85 indicates that the website is performing well.
After site analysis PageSpeed Insight will recommend the following things:
- Red Exclamation Point: It indicates that fixing this problem would have a substantial effect on page performance.
- Yellow Exclamation Point: You can consider fixing this if there’s not a lot of work.
- Green Check Mark: It tells you that the page has no major issues to fix.
As an Internet marketer PageSpeed is extremely important tool to improve your website’s performance, as well as user experience. You can improve your website’s performance and thus, improve the visitor engagement, retention, and conversions by using page Speed tool.
While Google is considering website speed as a ranking factor, optimizing your website using PageSpeed tool is more important for your SEO efforts as well.