Google Webmaster Tools is the primary source for Google to communicate with the webmasters. The tool is created and designed to inform the webmaster about how the Googlebot is interacting with their websites.
Using Google Webmaster Tools You can identify many significant issues such as the list of broken links, popular keywords and how often the Googlebot is stopping by to your website. You can even know if your site is infected with malware as well. In short, Google Webmaster Tools is an intermediary between Google and the webmasters.
Why use Google Webmaster Tools?
You will use Google Webmaster Tools for the following reasons:
- It will provide a complete and holistic approach to data interpretation and analysis
- You will be able to see your website impressions and rankings through Google Webmaster Tools
- You can submit sitemaps to google bot and be treated according to your preferences.
- You can have a bird’s eye-view image of your SEO campaign if use Google Webmaster Tools
What can you do with Google Webmaster Tools?
You can do the below things with Google Webmaster Tools:
- You can do a detailed research on which keywords are performing or not
- You can get updates about crawl errors as well as you can fix those errors timely to avoid losing traffic
- You can track the links that are generating maximum traffic along with the pages that are getting most visitors
- You can upload and update sitemaps
The Features of Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools has the following features:
- Sitemap Submission and Checking Facility (for Errors Warnings)
- Complete Statistical View of Googlebot (About how Googlebot accesses a particular site)
- Complete Data View Option ( To see the changes of Trends over Time)
- Optimization Opportunities Search Option ( With Top Pages & Top Ranking Keywords)
- Refining the Page-Level Strategy Feature
- Provides a List of Broken Links (To fix or remove the unnatural links)
- Email Notifications Feature ( from Google for manual penalties)
- ‘Links to your website’ ( A good way to monitor your link growth using)
- Internal links and Malware Checking Option
- Crawl Errors Option
- HTML Suggestions Feature
- Data Highlighter (Show the site’s data in search)
The Benefits of Google Webmaster Tools
I have listed the five important benefits of Google Webmaster Tools:
- Google Webmaster Tools is the most prominent tool for keyword research as it provides detailed data clicks along with impressions of each keyword.
- You can monitor your website’s link profile with Google Webmaster Tools. It will help you to figure the links that are linked to your website. Additionally, you can get this information in CSV file or Google doc files as well.
- You will be greatly benefited with the Email Notification feature as it will notify you of any potential penalties by Google.
- You can use Disavow Tool to remove the unnecessary links and unnatural backlinks for your website as well
- Google Webmaster Tools will provide you a list of broken links that your site is containing. You will be able fix this problem as well.
As a website owner or a webmaster, signing up with Webmaster Tools is a must as it is the only way you can communicate with Google bot, and if you need to immediately identify any crawling issues hindering your website success.