Amazon S3 is a cloud storage service provided by Amazon and located in Amazon’s big data centers across the globe. The S3 stands for ‘Simple Storage Service’ and this tool is designed for making the web-scale computing work easier to the developers and companies.
The global infrastructure of Amazon can be used to store or retrieve any amount of data at any time, from any location in the world. Besides, it provides secured, highly-scalable and low-latency data storage facility to webmasters, developers, and companies.
Major companies (eg: NASDAQ, Netflix, SmugMug, WeTransfer, and Pinterest ) are using Amazon S3 infrastructure.
The main advantage of Amazon S3 is its competitive pricing model. The initial storage tier of Amazon S3 is 5GB, which is free. Afterwards, you will have to pay only $0.15 per one GB or $15 for 100 GB storage use.
How can you use Amazon S3 as an Internet Marketer?
- Use to store your important digital files and it is called the cloud backup service, which will give you the flexibility to use those files at any moment
- You can host large downloadable or streaming files of your website, such as audio and video files on Amazon S3 and your web server will not get heavy or be loaded with those large static files.
The Benefits of Amazon S3
The benefits of Amazon S3 for a Internet Marketer
- Amazon S3 is durable and economical in nature, which is suited for companies or marketers who are in a tight budget
- S3 is scalable and It allows infinite data storage capacity
- Storage service is secure and reliable
- Amazon S3 is very easy-to-use and you can manage with ease
- Streaming video files from S3 loads faster than self hosted videos
If you do a lot of content marketing, you should definitely review Amazon S3 and its features. Often information product creators choose Amazon S3 for their video hosting, instead of using YouTube or Vimeo. Even you can setup a CDN service, like Cloudflare, for your website using S3 very easily.